5 Things to Do in St. Maarten
Located in the northern Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean, this island of Sint Maarten-Saint Martin is the smallest land mass in the world to be shared by two different nations. St. Maarten, a colony of the Netherland Antilles and the owner to the Southern end of the island, is a charming 16 square mile island.
In this lively Dutch island with elegant villas, beaches and lagoons, luxury hotels, and over 300 restaurants plus a vibrant mixed culture, you can never complain for insufficient activities. Here are 5 must dos in St. Maarten.
- Jet Ski, Surfing & Sailing: This island is all about activities on the crystal turquoise water. Challenges the waves on a jet ski, surfboard or learn to sail with professional instructors in preparation for the annual Heineken Regatta, where hundreds of vessels race in their sail boats.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: Explore the ocean floor or beautiful reefs for remarkable marine life. See the history of St. Maarten with canons and a sunken submarine off the coast.
- Deep Sea Fishing: Rent a private yacht and go deep sea fishing for Giant Marlins or view the scenic coastline.
- Hike, Trek Around the Country or Ride on a Segway: Explore the island whether by hiking to the island's highest point, Pic Paradise to see the flora and fauna of this picturesque nation; or riding a segway around the main town to hear the history of how the Dutch and French settled their differences to peacefully share this small island.
- Have a Beach Day: Soak up a tan or play in any of the beautiful beaches such as Pelican Beach, Kim Sha Beach or Guana Bay Beach.
Book your vacation in St. Maarten!
in Local Events