At the confluence of the confluence of the Bow River and the Elbow River lies the top rated city of Calgary. This city has outranked all other cities globally in Human Index Development, cleanliness, pa capita income and literacy levels.
The city is located in the Canadian province of Alberta, about 50 miles from the Canadian Rockies. It is home to about 1.2 million people and is part of the Calgary–Edmonton Corridor. The city hosted the 1988 winter Olympics.
With such credentials, you would expect the city to have people who can afford better food than burgers. This is true, but they still love burgers. The city has several top rated burger joints as espoused below.
1. Clive burger - This restaurant has made the cut to the top burger spots in Calgary because it packages its burgers in decomposable material and the beef used to make the burgers is 100% from Alberta.
2. Naina's - Burgers at Naina's are epic. They feature cheese, caramelized onions, jalapenos, pulled pork among other topping up condiments. It is a place where you take your friends to show off your latest discovery.
3. Rocky's Burger Bus - The paper bag burgers served at this Calgary institution are so delicious that the Gourmet magazine called the restaurant "home of the meat orgy." If you have never been to Calgary, Rocky's Burger bus is a nice place to make your debut. If you are a Calgary resident, this is one other establishment that should make you even more proud of your city.
4. Fine Diner - The burgers here have condiments you never thought possible on a burger. From the homemade onion rings and Edam cheese to pickled ginger, wasabi oil and sesame seeds; the Too Tall Burger and Sumo Burger served at this restaurant will taste like nothing you have eaten before.
5. The Ship - The Ship burger served at this restaurant comes from a concoction of lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and mayo served on Kaiser Bread. Alternatively you can have the cheddar, bacon and mushrooms burger for only $9.95.
Other popular burger joints in Calgary include; Dairy Lane Cafe, Gruman's Deli, Boogie Burger, Five Guys, smash Burger, Alley Burger and many more. Burgers or no burgers, Calgary is a city that should be on top of your bucket list if you are yet to visit it.